Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Pickled Daikon Radish

I love Daikon so much! Pickling them is soo yummy, a fun little side dish or you can even add it to your sushi! My Fav!

Ingredients:
1 cup rice vinegar
1 cup water
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1 daikon radish, peeled and cut into matchsticks
1/4 salt

Directions:

In a small saucepan over medium heat add the vinegar, water, sugar and turmeric. Bring to a boil, stir to dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat.


Now Time for the daikon, once you have peeled and cut the radish. Place it in a colander with salt and mix. Place the colander over a bowl and let it drain for at least 1 hour. Rinse the salt off. Place the daikon in a glass jar. (I find you need two) Pour the brine through a colander. Refrigerate over night. This will keep for 4 months.
Enjoy!




2 comments:

Plushpussycat said...

Your recipe is intriguing. I'll have to give it a try. Love your blog. I use a lot of mini food in the scenes I photograph for my greeting card line. Your stuff is super cute! Now I'm your newest follower. xo Jennifer

Plushpussycat said...

Can't find my previous comment, so I'm trying again. I love your cute blog and adorable mini food. Glad I found your blog today. Now I'm your newest follower. xo Jennifer

© CandiWare. Powered by