Wednesday, July 21, 2010

First Interview Featuring Princess Chibi

So here is my first feature that I hope to work on once a week with different artist. So here is Princess Chibi enjoy!





Tell us a bit about yourself:

Hello! I'm Shorty Hoshino, head-owner of Imperfect Kawaii/Princess Chibi(etsy). ^_^ I'm a Cali girl who loves making somewhat cute stuff for other people and hope to bring a smile upon their face ^.^!

So what is your shop, all about what do you offer?

Our shop is based on imperfect creations and creatures and things with those "kawaii" like expressions on their faces ^_^ Besides being the head-owner of IK, I'm also the charm maker who makes any creature that comes to mind or take in any request from customers ^.^ I'm also into the Hime-Gyaru (princess) fashion and love to decoden! So we offer variety deco goodies like rings and custom phone cases.

So, describe the process of creating your items: how, when, materials, etc.?

For charms, I sculpt their bodies, baked them, paint their personalities, and glaze them to life. Polymer clay ftw~!

got other hobbies that you love?

O_O I LOVE SHOPPING AND EATING!!! And spending time with my friends and boyfriend ^__^ also enjoy singing in the car x3

In your opinion, do you think there's a lot of competition in miniature food jewelry/accessories?

Hmmm,I'd say so. But hey, I really do look up to other clay artist, A LOT. They're one of the reasons I started out because they gave me an impression that anyone can do it too. The competition doesn't discourage me since I don't produce a lot of items and I mostly take in commissions from people that have seen my work (thankies fans!). I believe everyone has their own style to their work, be it clay or re-ments ^_^

Any advice for people starting out?

It's tough at first, but don't give up! It's all about good photos and promoting your shop!

what are the ways your promote yourself?

I upload some pieces on DeviantArt where all fellow artist and art lovers can browse through them ^__^ and also Twitter. Twitter is very helpful I believe when it comes to selling stuff.

Do you have any promotions going on now?

Teehee, not right now, but very very soon! So here's my bloggy to keep a look out ;] http://imperfectkawaii.blogspot.com

Awesome! Now, other than your etsy shop, what other shops do you like/love?

HAHA, I like/love soooo many!!! Every Etsy shop I've come across, I have loved it. Just love how all these Etsians load up their handmade items and it makes me appreciate it even more like crochet and soap making and candle making and much more ^__^ Etsy has really made me appreciate and long for handmade items.

Okay, last question, where do you see yourself in ten years?

Well, I better be a kickbutt Registered Nurse by then and married to the co-owner of IK :P and hopefully away from my parents. Also, hope to already have created a cure for my puppy to live forever. He's not sick, but I just want him to be immortal and carry on my legacy when I pass away.

0 comments:

© CandiWare. Powered by