Tuesday, September 28, 2010

4th Interview Koala the Jewelry Designer



Here is the next interview with Koala, jewelry designer, enjoy.

Tell us a bit about yourself

I am Koala from France. After some years of working in cultural sector, I am now working as a freelace multimedia (vid, blog, graphic) designer and i like creating some handmade accessories with felt and polymer clay.


So what is your shop, all about what do you offer?
Koala Bonheur Creator is my shop name. "Bonheur" is a french word means happiness. I hope my creation can bring all of you a tinge of sweetness and loads of "bonheur" to everyday life. As I love using materials of felt and polymer clay in my creation, I make different kinds of desktop accessories, like: magnets, push pins, trinket/jewelry/secret boxes... as well as jewelry collections (rings, earrings, charms,brooches), in the theme of "bonheur".


What are the shops that you own?
koalabonheur.etsy.com
koalabonheurcreator.dawanda.com

the shop in Dawanda facilitates the customers in europe, as I accept bank transfer within EU zone.

So, describe the process of creating your items: how, when, materials, etc.?
Doing researches, be creative, be innovative. I surf on different handicraft sites for understanding the trends at the moment. Then trying to make use of the materials that I familar with (eg Felt and polymer clay) makes some attempts for new product lines. Sometimes it works, sometimes doesn't. Therefore, I m trying to post different products to test the customers' reactions.


Got other hobbies that you love?
Doing makeup, web design, cooking...


In your opinion, do you think there's a lot of competition in miniature food jewelry/accessories?
YES definitely! There is an immense competition in this sector. Therefore, being creative is very important to make your shop standing out.

Do you have any promotions going on now?

Yes, soon I will re-design my blog, then I will put up more promotions there! For example, some FREE shipping offers or some MEGA sales with big discounts! Stay tuned at koalabonheurcreator.blogspot.com and my Facebook Fan Page: Koala Bonheur Creator.

Any advice for people starting out?
As I mentioned in my creation process, it is important to do researches to understand what customers' wants. And be creative of course ^^. One essential thing is making good photos for your product. Since it will give customs a good "impulse" to click on your items.


What other shops do you like/love?
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BraveMoonman
http://www.etsy.com/shop/lechouchou
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheHappyAcorn
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheOtherLoft

Lots more... can't list them all out here ^^

Okay, last question, where do you see yourself in ten years?Hmm, it is a hard question, as there are so many uncertainties. I hope I will be a web programmer and will be a mom for 2 kids ^^. Voila ^^!

0 comments:

© CandiWare. Powered by